With our unrivalled combination of commercial, technical and advisory industry expertise combined with our proprietary data, we have a proven track record of success in selling and leasing aircraft.
Remarketing or transitioning aircraft at the correct price or rate is vital to extract maximum value for investors. We advise clients on whether to extend or return by analysing supply, demand, reserves and lease rates.
If extending is the best option, we review the operator‘s plans and assist with negotiations around new lease terms. If the aircraft is returned, we oversee redelivery and help the lessor decide the next steps, be that securing a new lessee, selling the aircraft, or moving it to part out or conversion. Depending on aircraft type, we will commence remarketing in parallel with overseeing redelivery to minimise downtime.
The complementary backgrounds of IBA’s asset management and remarketing professionals, combined with our proprietary data access, allows us to quickly assess the potential market interest in any given aircraft and to recommend the appropriate sales campaign and strategy.
In 2017, our remarketing projects have included:
- Conducting an intensive sales campaign for a Republic Airways creditor facing potential handback of several regional aircraft.
- Completing a successful sale for teardown of a B737-800 for one of our asset management clients, enabling a closure that exceeded price expectations.
- Successful redelivery management and remarketing of an A320-200 aircraft from a European carrier and onward lease to another European operator.
Our areas of expertise cover the entire range of aviation assets from commercial airliners to regional jets, turbo-props, helicopters and corporate aircraft.
In our role as aircraft appraisers, we complete more than 10,000 aircraft and engine valuations every year and regularly give advice to owners on sale and purchase documentation, asset management and remarketing programmes. Our data gives IBA a critical advantage by identifying potential placements or sources for aircraft that may not be in the public domain.Read More
Example Case Study
Following the collapse of a scheduled carrier, IBA was engaged to provide technical management of a fleet of single aisle aircraft and identify purchasers in a narrow, illiquid market.
Managing the parallel efforts of returning the fleet to redelivery specification while driving the remarketing effort, IBA:
1. Agreed the target price for the aircraft with the Administrators and developed a short list of interested parties from its extensive database.
2. Developed an online portal to allow interested parties access to records and images.
3. Assessed the merits of short-listed bidders and IBA advised on the strongest mix of price, ability to fund, flexibility and speed of transaction
4. Negotiated delivery conditions on the aircraft and deployed IBA’s technical experts to ensure these were met in an aggressive timeframe.
IBA achieved a combined sale price in excess of the agreed target price within 90 days of being engaged.