With less than a week to go until Farnborough 2018, IBA predicts likely orders for the airshow, and analyses historical data to reveal the probable results from the aviation industry’s premier showcase.
In brief, IBA forecasts:
- An order tally (firm and MoU) that tops 900
- Strong orders for the neo and MAX families – with a bias towards the A320/A321 and -8/-10 variants
- Improving orders across both the Q400/ATR families and some sales for the E1 and E2s, but it may be too early to reap the benefit of the Boeing announcement
- A little movement on the Bombardier CSeries programme for both variants but this may not lead to firm/MoU level commitment
- 100 orders across the 777, 787, A330 and A350 families would be a good result
- The Boeing NMA (New Midsized Airplane) and the CSeries stakeholder changes should spark up some interest but IBA considers it may still be too early for the NMA launch;
- In terms of buyers, lessors will take around 40%.