With over 25 years experience of managing and selling aircraft, IBA is well-placed as an independent service provider to offer seamless remarketing services. IBA has an unrivalled combination of commercial, technical, data and advisory industry expertise and a proven track record of success both in selling and leasing aircraft, both under our management and also for the Administrators in the event of workout or bankruptcy.
The complementary backgrounds of IBA’s aircraft management and remarketing professionals combined with our proprietary data access allows us to quickly assess the potential market interest in any given aircraft, and to recommend the appropriate sales campaign and strategy to our clients.
In 2016, our remarketing projects have included:
- Conducting an intensive sales campaign for a Republic Airways creditor facing potential handback of several regional aircraft.
- Completing a successful sale for teardown of a B737-800 for one of our asset management clients, enabling a closure that exceeded price expectations.
- Successful redelivery management and remarketing of A320-200 aircraft from a European carrier and onward lease to another European operator.
Advising an extensive mix of flag carriers, regional airlines, lessors, manufacturers, financial institutions and family offices, we combine unmatched commercial and technical acumen in order to identify purchasers, ensure the aircraft is in the most appropriate condition and achieve the best return on investment possible. Such understanding, combined with an individual approach to each project, ensures an optimum solution.
Our areas of expertise cover the entire range of aviation assets from commercial airliners to regional jets, turbo-props, helicopters and corporate aircraft. IBA personnel around the world are gathering market intelligence, meeting with key aviation companies and analysing trends.
In our role as aircraft appraisers, we complete more than 10,000 aircraft and engine valuations every year and regularly give advice to owners on sale and purchase documentation, asset management and remarketing programmes. Our data gives IBA a critical advantage by identifying potential placements or sources for aircraft that may not be in the public domain.Read More
Example Case Study
Following the collapse of a scheduled carrier, IBA was engaged to provide technical management of a fleet of single aisle aircraft and identify purchasers in a narrow, illiquid market.
Managing the parallel efforts of returning the fleet to redelivery specification while driving the remarketing effort, IBA:
1. Agreed the target price for the aircraft with the Administrators and developed a short list of interested parties from its extensive database.
2. Developed an online portal to allow interested parties access to records and images.
3. Assessed the merits of short-listed bidders and IBA advised on the strongest mix of price, ability to fund, flexibility and speed of transaction
4. Negotiated delivery conditions on the aircraft and deployed IBA’s technical experts to ensure these were met in an aggressive timeframe.
IBA achieved a combined sale price in excess of the agreed target price within 90 days of being engaged.